Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cool Sibling Rivalry

Hi Friends

I have taken a topic, which I am sure would have taken place in almost everyone's life. The topic is "Sibling Rivalry".Big Laugh

My father happens to be the only son amidst eight sisters. So he was his mom's pet (apple of her eyes) . So whatever he did was right in the family and he was a very brilliant man. (A dreamer, idealist and a straight forward person). He got married pretty late for those days, at the age of 32. I was born to this important man after one and half years of his marriage. So you could all guess how important a person I would have been. "Varathu vantha manickam" So, I was a rajakumari born into the family and a vvvvvip. My granny used to sing a song for waking me in the morning, and I was grown with only cow's milk as only that suited my health and no one in the home were even permitted to touch it (though I don't know any of these, this was narrated to me by my beloved aunts and my dear mom). One aunt use to bathe me, one used to dress and one use to sing lullaby to me........and I was enjoying each and every moment of all these attention. I remember some of them vaguely - the song was pachaikili koru sevanthi kkodu thottilil katti vaithen.......It was going on for six years..........and then came a new arrival into the family...........my lil bro chubby and like a freshly blossomed flower.........The first shake started.....Being the first male heirloom to carryout the family name (You see we are all jamindhar paramparai) almost every near and dear relatives and friends, thronged the home to see the lil wonder. Slowly Mr.J was peeping in........Well, it is pretty natural (all this I remember myself) I was becoming envious, and unable to take it......I used to shake the cradle zigzag when no one noticed me, pinch him and do something cranky and watch him cry... My granny realised this, and she stopped petting my lil bro in front of me and saw to it that I was getting the same importance as far as she was concerned. Slowly I was getting used to this.......Bro grew and it was time for him to join school, and Asharabhyasam was done in a grand scale......Though I was not happy about the fact that my importance was gone in the home, at school I used to really behave like his mom and take care of him totally. He used to be really cute and chubby and all my friends loved him. He was a bundle of innocence (well it was then and not now). Once in school he was playing with chalk piece and without even realising he inserted it in his nose, blood was pouring from his nose and I was crying my heart out. I was rambling and running from pillar to post. But thanks to my school authorities they took immediate step and the chalk was out and he became normal......and things were going on as usual. At home the scenario never changed. Whenever something was bought I immediately used to compare wat was bought for me and for him....If it was grapes, i used to count and see if he was given more.........crackers, I used to preserve mine and tease him when his quota was over.......Incidentally our birthdays are in the same month and falls on consecutive days, and the money spent for buying new dresses had to be shareMy 2cents Then at one point of time, I got over all such feeling (may be I really grew up) and started loving him.....We used to walk together to school and share so much and the bondage became inseparable........it was so much that my mom used to say that while sleeping both of us, used to blabber, (eventually we do they same when we are wide awake also) and i used to answer his querries and vice-versa. When I got married, and came to my hubby's place I missed him so much........There were many turmoils in his life after my dad, and he faced them all (thanks to the kind relatives who helped us). I saw him grow, and face everything with a charming smile.He climbed the ladder of success steadiy. And now my lil bro who is six years you to me, is more like a father to me than a younger brother.........I am proud to say this for he takes care of me like a dad, and he is always available whenever I need him. I really cherish the wonderful love and care that I receive from him and I adore him and his family.

This is the warmth you get from a closely knit family and we can proudly say that only in India, people can see such beautiful bondage....

with luv
rathisrini

No comments: