Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cost of Jadi .........Rs.24,000/

Cost of Jadi .........Rs.24,000/
Hi Friends,

This is my next post (I think the 6th). Wish to share something personal.

It was Mid of March and time for starting storing of all Mango based pickles for an year. So as usual my dh and I, went on a mango spree to all the locals (mylai and mambalam) in search of vadumangai, thokumangai and avakkai mangai. Finally we decided to buy our usual quota of vadumangai from both the places and came home.......I was asking my maid to keepall the jadi(wherein we store pickles) washed and clean. When a particular jadi was taken from the attic, my mil was telling my maid to handle the same with care stating "handle it with care,,,,,,athoda vellai 24,000 rupai".........and my whole family started laughing at that joke. Well I have to take you all four years back...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzooooooooooommmmmmm mmmm rewind over......Four years back it was same March and same spree........After purchasing the vadumangai, we decided on buying a new jadi, to preserve the same.............We went to Tiruvanmiyur and bought two jadis and came out of the shop.......my dh started the bike and now I have to take up the pillion seat. I was so engrossed in carrying the jadi's safely home that I did not realise the space between the platform and the bike...........I lifted my leg and tried placing it on the foot holder........dwiiiinggggggggg my god what was going on........all of a sudden I realised I was lying flat on the ground DrowningDrowningbut holding my jadis very carefully........my ankle had twisted but in my anxiety to finish my vadumangai work at home I ignored same and came home........and finished the work.........Next day when I woke up I saw my legs and they were like "Tirumalai Nayakar Mahal thoons", Swollen and Painful,,,,,,,I had to attend office for it was increment season........while walking towards the bus stand, I saw my bus and started running with my swollen legs, bags and waterbottle and I was looking like a cartoon caricature. But when I reached the bus, righ right............the nice kind conductor blew the whistle and I had another fall (Had a great fall)........and came home in an auto (the distance from the bus stop and my home is jus two min walk and for this I paid Rs.30/ to the auto man). My dear daughter was at home and when I told her that I had another fall........she asked me whether there were any swami padam in the bus, which made me prostrate to the bus in the middle of the road..........(even today she keeps telling everyone, 'you know enga ammaku bakthi muthi poi, 47a busuku kooda namaskaram pannina')...........lo! now my legs were unshakable..........evening came and dh came............and now it was on spree of doctors..............

first was our local doctor, who said "onnumilla ma, kalu sullukindiruku and he gave me pain killers and tabs" ate all of them for a week...........but my legs had decided not to reduce.

next we went to an ortho doc........"He had a wonderful time with me........take this x-ray/that x-ray and so on........You see we have to start a new set of treatment...........(I was feeling like a white rat in the table of a Scientist)......and a fresh set of new medicines and physiotherapy............So everyday I attended the therapist..........already in gr8 pain they added to it with wax treatment......heat treatment.......and many new ways (Cost Rs.350/- per day) this went for 10 days.............By this I was slowly getting used to my swollen legs and started feeling it as a part of my body.

Another ten days gone...........what next, ideas were pouring from friends and relatives.........The suggestions received this time was discussed by the board of directors (my dh, dd, sis in law) and to try ayurvedic treatment was finally approved by the committee.............. Now it was the ayurvedic doc's turn.......... She sawall the reports and came to a conclusion that one of the reason is also my weight ( though I was not happy about it.....I had to take it) So all english medicines out and ayurvedic tablets, chooranams and oils in.........She also wanted me to take up ayurvedic herbal masage everyday.......for min a week........and now I was lying in the massage table having masage..........The lady use to actually sink me in oil and after half an hour..........I would have to take up bath with payathmavu.........after that the doctor use to apply a pack on my knee with some three pastes and eggs white.........back home it used to be fine for first two hours and as and when the pack dries it used to be really painful and worst was I had to depend on others for each and every action of mine................(Sitting in the chair, I had to ask my dd and dh to run my errands and I was actually enjoying some portions of it)........After this treatment, my home was smelling of all ayurvedic oil stuff and my dd started saying "amma please shift your dresses to some other almirah......I am not able to take it......So I had to do away with all my nighties and go for fresh ones---------(Cost Rs.1,000/-)

So after this I decided to attend Office from the following Monday........Well back to office after 20 days..........All my friends came and enquired some with real empathy, some curious, some advising me.............After all these, my head was rolling withall the pending work........and after heaving a sigh started my work............But by evening, my pain got aggravated and back home I was in tears............I told my dh that I cannot take it anymore..........

By now a collegue of my hubby, whose wife is a chronic ostereopherosis patient suggested Dr.Madhu Thottapilil, a very famour orthopeadic doctor (He happens to be Sachin Tendulkers......doctor) and I finally visited him......He saw all my reports, and finally said I had a Ligament tear and my tissues in the knee are all damaged (Grand Final - Findings) He suggesed that my tissues have to regrow and I should take treatment for a period of 6 months.......and suggested a tablet by name Rejoint (A single capsule is a composition of two one in blue colour and another in yellow) three times a day for a period of six months........which I adhered.........and atlast it was all over............... (Cost of the medicine - Rs.8,000/-)

And finally the swelling started reducing after ten days of treatment, but I continued the medication fully, fearing a repeat telecast of same......

Hence Cost of Jadi = Rs.24,000/-

Thankgod, I am alright now........but every year, whenever the jadi is taken out.........memories are back........and my dear mil says its a priced property.............

with luv
rathisrini

No comments: