Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Omnipresent Sai Baba of Shirdi

Default The Omnipresent Sai Baba of Shirdi

Dear Friends,

This post of mine is about what happened in my life which made me realise the omnipresence of my beloved Sai Baba. We had a family friend who also had jus a daughter, an identical family like ours and we had a practice of going out for dinner together every month. My daughter was then jus two years old and theirs four. Padma, is the name of my friend and she is a very ardent devotee of Saieesha. It was a thursday and we had planned to go out for dinner on that day. Padma used to visit MylaporeSai Baba temple every Thursday and pray to Sairam. So she suggested that we all go first to the temple and then proceed for dinner. Though we all accepted, I had my own inhibitions first.....(I always used to feel that no human being can be God) We all went to the temple and there was huge crowd and a group of people were singing Bhajans on Sayee. We stood in the queue and finally entered the main sanctum of the shrine....Baba was sitting with a warm and welcome smile. All the devotees fell at his feet and payed their respects to him with love and devotion. I followed suit, but with a bit of reluctance. It was all over and when we came to the main hall, I noticed thatmy daughter was missing.......All along she had been holding my hand and I was shocked to see she was not there near me. My hubby and his friend were going in the front and I called him and asked if my dd was with him only to get a big no for answer. By this time I was slowly becoming panickyfor the place was thickly crowded and lots and lots of beggers were sitting outside the shrine. Slowly people started understanding that something was amiss and they also started searching formy daughter . By now I was weeping and was hysteric. I ran from pillar to post and went to all the places in the temple (The temple comprises of a big hall, the main sanctum, a small room in the side where the dhvani is always lit and at the backside a calm meditation hall).My daughter was seen no where. I came out and started running on the road hear and there and even begged with the beggers to tell me if they saw my lil daughter. Everyone started searching formy daughter in the temple and the priests were all perplexed....My lil dd was not seen anywhere and I broke. Padma who had also been searching all along came to me and asked me one straight question "Bharathi, did you pay a visit without any belief.... If you doubt the existence Babaji, pl go and plead to him for your daughter". It was a straight blow. I ran to the vigraham of Baba and fell at his feet and wept pleading him to excuse my ignorance. Within seconds, a voice called us and said " a small girl is sitting near the dvani, see if its your daughter " Me and My dh ran to that place and there she was sitting petitely. Tears engulfed my eyes and I huggedmy daughter and ran to Baba again, this time to thank him, as she was a gift given back to me by none other than Baba himself. When asked where she was all along, she said I was sitting here only.........while that place was searched by all of us and many other devotees 'n' number of times and no one saw her. Sairam opened my eyes and made me realise his omnipresence. To this day, whenever I am disturbed, I pray to my friend philosopher and guide Lord Ganesha, My kuladeivam Balaji and My Dear Baba..........I strongly feel I have been bestowed with the best in everything only because of the grace of the Almighty.

{Dhvani is the ever lit fire, which was first lit by Baba and Shirdi and is brought from there to all the Babaji Shrines. The sacred ash is called Udhi and it is taken from the Dhvani. Sandlewood, Samprani Powder, Navadhanyam are all offered in the Dhvani}

"om sai sri sai jai jai sai" pranams to the lotus feet of shirdi saibaba.

with luv
rathisrini

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

No comments: