Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pubs and discos

This is my second blog and i really do not if I have reached at least one are two as I am yet to receive some comments about my earlier blog. The topic about which I would like to post this blog is the recent craze among the people about attending discos and pubs. People have some how got into an impression that going to discos and dancing is a step to modern living. Is it right or safe? A recent editorial in a leading daily clearly stated that many obscene photos which are being posted in web sites and mobiles, have been shot in such places. I think all girls should put their mind into some serious thinking. In a way easy money which is available to our younger generation is also reason for such walk of life. Dating, discotheques and flirting around is not modern thinking. I am definitely not against friendship between boys and girls. I was from a co-education school and to this our school friendship is going on. But I feel we should know where to draw the line. Women Liberation does not come from such activities. The so called liberation should be in our mind and healthy thinking. After all we all have our own responsibilities to our society. Getting involved in such activities is like entering a maze and it could be a place of no return like Siberia. We are the masters of our action and there is no point in blaming the others for a wrong step taken at a wrong time. If everyone could think twice before going to such places, I am very sure they can avoid landing into some deep troubles.

10 comments:

Pankaj kumar yadav said...

hello aunty,
im honored by your compliments...
abt the discos and pubs, we need to take the best of the west and leave the rest... but we take the worst of them and leave the best..

however i think many people still understand their limits and do respect them...

bharathi said...

Hello,
may i know who this is?

Pankaj kumar yadav said...

im sorry, i dint introduce myself..
i am pankaj kumar frm AIHT...(Vidya's coll mate)

bharathi said...

I was astonished with your blogspot. You seem to know a lot many things. I am not as well versed as you in all subjects. keep blogging. if you know my site in orkut, pl visit it ans see for names AKB and Harish. they are my brothers and there articles are of your standards.

Pankaj kumar yadav said...

thanx..will surely do...

A.K.B said...

Didn't know you had started blogging. Good, keep it coming. :)

Disco/Pub - Its an individual thing in my opinion. There may be some guys who go overboard at such places but then so do some on the road itself. I feel its better to have people drinking and smoking in such closed confines rather than have them do these things at home and in other public places. There are bigger issues for us to deal with than such trivial ones.

bharathi said...

arun, thanks for viewing my blogspot. True we do have bigger issues. may be my idea about pubs and discos, are out of anxiety after seeing the pseudo image maintained by some girls and boys i came across.

bharathi said...

arun, thanks for viewing my blogspot. True we do have bigger issues. may be my idea about pubs and discos, are out of anxiety after seeing the pseudo image maintained by some girls and boys i came across.

Arulappa said...

Hi, Bharathi!
Its worth reading your views on Pubs & discos.But, the Q is where to draw the line by whom? How to educate our children about the life? Through teachers or parents? I feel most responsibility rely on parents in this case followed by others. Unless our young minds are prepared well by the society, their lives would be lost as we witness it by few practices today.

Keep blogging. I was attracted by your name 'Barathi' and happended to read.

bharathi said...

Dear Mr. Arulappa,

I had not been blogging for quiet some time. I just happened to view your comments and thanks for the same. I am fully aware that the line has to be drawn. Nor am I aware by whom it should be drawn. But my small feeling is that every household should teach their children the value of life and that any such unwanted activity will lead to troubles. Atleast that way I feel we can somewhere minimise these practices.